1. Locate a suitable PC with the following specification
- 1 x spare COM port with all 9 connectors wired
- Must be running Windows 95, 98, ME or 2000.
- Please note: Configit may not work correctly on many NT or XP PC's as these operating systems do not allow direct control of the handshaking lines of the COM port.
2. Download the latest version of Configit from the Equinox Web Site
3. Unzip Configit to a directory on your PC
4. Launch the Configit utility by double-clicking on the icon
--> Configit launches and displays a dialog where and can be selected.
5. Select the COM port to which the programmer is attached
5. Select the [Programmer Type] as [PPM3-MK2]
6. To view the current firmware version of the programmer, click the [Info] button
7. To view the firmware versions available within this release of Configit, click the [About] button
8. To update the firmware in the programmer, press the [LOAD] button
--> The 'Status Bar' should start to move from left to right indicating that the new firmware is being updated.
*** Warning ***
Do NOT remove power to the programmer or remove the 9-way serial cable during the Firmware Update process.
9. If the Firmware Update process is successful, a message will be displayed showing the new firmware for the programmer.
- Click and then quit Configit
- Goto the 'Finalising the Firmware Update process'
10. If the Firmware Update process fails for some reason:
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Send your programmer serial number & the license string generated by Configit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keep your programmer powered up if possible
- Equinox will e-mail you back with an unlock code
- Type in the unlock code into Configit
- Configit should then re-program your programmer