|Equinox announce ISP support for Atmel ATmegaxxxP ‘PICO Power’ AVR Family|
Equinox Technologies are pleased to announce high-speed In-System Programming (ISP) support for the entire Atmel ATmegaxxxP ‘PICO Power’ AVR Family on our range of development, field and production ISP programmers. The fastest SPI programming of these devices is guaranteed due to state-of-the-art algorithms and local storage of data on the programmer. Each programmer can also be upgraded to support high-speed JTAG programming which also offers the ability to program multiple ATmegaxxxP devices in a 'JTAG Chain' (JTAG Daisy Chain Mode).
PicoPower AVR microcontrollers are supported on the following Equinox programmers:
- Epsilon5 - Development / Field / Low volume production ISP programmer
- FS2003 - Field / low - medium volume production ISP programmer
- PPM3-MK2 - high volume production ISP programmer
To upgrade your existing programmer to support PicoPower AVR microcontrollers....
- Download and install EQTools Build 888 or above
- Upgrade your programmer firmware to version 3.07 or above
About PicoPower AVR microcontrollers....
PicoPower enables AVR to achieve the industry's lowest power consumption with 650 nA with a RTC running and 100nA in Power Down sleep.
It also offers a migration path from standard AVR devices to the new 'Pico Power' devices allowing existing designs to take advantage of much lower power consumption with minimal changes to both hardware and firmware.
picoPower Technology incorporates a number of techniques for lower power consumption in sleep and active mode.
The key elements are:
- True 1.8V Supply Voltage
- Minimized Leakage Current
- Sleeping BOD
- Ultra Low Power 32 kHz Crystal Oscillator
- Digital Input Disable Registers
- Power Reduction Register
- Clock Gating
- Flash Sampling
picoPower microcontrollers will be identified with a "P" added on the device name: i.e. ATmega169 becomes ATmega169P.
The new 'PICO' devices which are now supported are listed below:
Atmel ATmegaxxxP ‘PICO Power’ AVR Family (SPI):
The ‘PICO Power’ AVR devices have now been listed as a separate Atmega family to make them easier to distinguish from the standard devices.
- ATmega328P-20 (available in EQTools build 893 or above)
- ATmega328PV-20 (available in EQTools build 893 or above)